Personal Online Banking Agreement
By executing the Personal Online Banking Agreement (Agreement), the Customer (referred to as you or yours) of Reliance Bank (referred to as We, Us and Bank) agrees to the following terms and conditions of enrollment in the Online Banking network maintained by Reliance Bank:
The following services will be available:
- View check images and deposit slips
- Balance inquiry
- Transfer of funds between accounts
- Account history
- Email to Reliance Bank
- Ability to export information
- Bill payment
- Online stop payments
- Mobile banking
- Loan advances
Other services may be available from time to time in the future. By using these services as they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in the Agreement. Notification of the availability of these services will be sent to you at the address shown in our records or posted on Reliance Bank’s web site www.reliancebankstl.com.
- You will give Reliance Bank a reasonable time in which to complete your enrollment once you submit the necessary forms, including the Enrollment form and Online Banking Resolution form. You will also allow Reliance Bank a reasonable time in which to process any service requests you make through the Online Banking network.
- Once you have completed the Personal Online Banking Agreement and you have selected a password for access to the Online Banking network, you will be solely responsible for the use of the Online Banking system by anyone who utilizes your correct password. Reliance Bank will have no duty to further verify the identity of any Online Banking system user with a valid password. Reliance Bank will act on instructions received under your password.
- As the appropriate authorized representative of the customer of Reliance Bank, you are solely responsible for maintaining the addition or deletion of any users of the Online Banking system with access to your password. We suggest you change your password prior to deleting any users.
- Reliance Bank has the right to monitor and review all banking activity conducted on its Online Banking system.
- You will be responsible for any service charges accrued in your use, or use by any user with access to your password. These service charges will be automatically debited from your account. A schedule of Online Banking service charges is available at any branch.
- Reliance Bank reserves the right to change the charges, fees or other terms or conditions set forth in the Agreement. When changes are made to any fees, charges or other material terms, we will update this Agreement and send notice to you at the address shown in our records.
- You agree that neither Reliance Bank nor any Internet service providers you utilize to access Reliance Bank’s Online Banking network shall be responsible for any loss, property damage or bodily injury, whether caused by the equipment, software, Reliance Bank, or Internet browser or Internet access providers. Nor shall Reliance Bank or any service provider be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages arising out of your use of Reliance Bank’s Online Banking network.
- You agree that Reliance Bank is not responsible for any damage occasioned by instructions Reliance Bank receives from a user using your correct password. You authorize Reliance Bank to act on all instructions received under your password and to automatically debit any service charges directly from your account balance as accrued. You also agree to be liable for any account shortage resulting from charges or overdrafts, whether caused by you or a user with your correct password. This includes liability for Reliance Bank’s costs to collect the deficit, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Reliance Bank reserves the right to discontinue the Online Banking network, or any of the services referenced in this agreement, at any time.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with federal law and regulation, and to the extent no such applicable federal law or regulation exists, by the laws of the State of Missouri.
Each of your accounts at Reliance Bank is also governed by the applicable account disclosure statements.
Transfer funds between accounts.
“Account(s)” means your eligible Reliance Bank checking, savings, and loan information and other Reliance Bank products that can be accessed through our services.
If you submit your transfer request prior to the deadline established by your loan or deposit agreement, an immediate Internal Transfer via the service will be initiated. Transfer transaction requests received after the agreed upon time on business days and all transactions which are requested on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays on which the Bank chooses to remain closed, will be processed on the Bank’s next business day.
You must have sufficient funds available in the selected account at the time the transfer request is received. We may process transfers that exceed your available balance at our sole discretion. If we process the transfer and unless your overdraft protection is provided via an Overdraft Line of Credit, you agree to cover any overdraft amount plus any applicable fees.
Federal regulations require financial institutions to limit the way withdrawals may be made from a savings or money market account. Each transfer from a savings or money market account using these Services is counted as one of the six limited transactions permitted each monthly statement cycle period, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures. You may be subject to fees or account conversion if you exceed the transactions limits of your account using these services or any other methods outlined in your Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures.
Loan advances are subject to the terms and conditions in your loan agreement document. You agree not to attempt, request, or obtain a credit advance that will make your account balance exceed your credit limit as defined in your loan agreement. If you exceed your credit limit, you agree to repay immediately the amount by which your account exceeds your credit limit.
We may also limit the type, frequency and amount of transfers for security purposes and may change or impose the limits without notice, at our option.
By subscribing to the Reliance Bank Mobile Banking Service (Service) through the Personal Online Banking Agreement, the Customer of Reliance Bank (referred to as you or yours) agrees to all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and Disclosure (the “Agreement”).
We may offer additional Mobile Banking Services and features in the future. Any such added Mobile Banking Services and features will be governed by this Agreement and by any terms and conditions provided to you at the time the new Mobile Banking Service or feature is added and/or at the time of enrollment for the feature or Service, if applicable. From time to time, we may amend these terms and modify or cancel the Mobile Banking Services we offer without notice, except as may be required by Law.
As used in this Agreement and Mobile Banking Services, the following words have the meanings given below:
“Device” means a supportable mobile device including a cellular phone or other mobile device that is web-enabled and allows secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) traffic which is also capable of receiving text messages. Your wireless carrier may assess you fees for data or text messaging services. Please consult your wireless plan or provider for details.
“Mobile Banking” means the banking services accessible from the Devices you have registered with us for Mobile Banking.
Mobile Banking is offered as a convenience and supplemental service to our Online Banking Services. It is not intended to replace access to Online Banking from your personal computer or other methods you use for managing your accounts and services with us. Mobile Banking allows you to access your account information, make payments, transfer funds and conduct other banking transactions. To utilize the Mobile Banking Service, you must be enrolled to use Online Banking and then activate your Device within the Online Banking system. Information about the Bank’s Mobile Banking Services is available on our website at www.reliancebankstl.com.
We reserve the right to limit the types and number of accounts eligible and the right to refuse to make any transaction you request through Mobile Banking. We may also reserve the right to modify the scope of the Service at any time.
By subscribing to the Reliance Bank Mobile Banking (the Service) through the Personal Online Banking Agreement, the Customer of Reliance Bank (referred to as you or yours) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited availability over some network carriers. In addition, the Service may not be supportable for all Devices. The Bank cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the availability of data services provided by your mobile carrier, such as data outages or “out of range” issues.
- In order to properly use Mobile Banking, you should review and follow the instructions provided on our website. You agree to accept responsibility for learning how to use Mobile Banking in accordance with the online instructions and agree that you will contact us directly if you have any problems with Mobile Banking. We may modify the Service from time to time at our sole discretion. In the event of any modifications, you are responsible for making sure you understand how to use Mobile Banking as modified. You also accept responsibility for making sure that you know how to properly use your Device and we will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use the Service or your Device.
- You agree that, when you use Mobile Banking, you remain subject to the terms and conditions of your existing agreements with any unaffiliated service providers, including, but not limited to, your mobile service provider and that this Agreement does not amend or supersede any of those agreements. You understand that those agreements may provide for fees, limitations and restrictions which might impact your use of Mobile Banking (such as data usage or text messaging charges imposed on you by your mobile service provider for your use of or interaction with Mobile Banking), and you agree to be solely responsible for all such fees, limitations and restrictions. You agree that only your mobile service provider is responsible for its products and services. Accordingly, you agree to resolve any problems with your provider directly without involving us.
- Any deposit account, loan or other banking product accessed through this Service is also subject to the Account Agreements and Disclosures provided at the time of Account opening. You should review the Account disclosures carefully, as they may include transaction limitations and fees which might apply to your use of Mobile Banking.
- You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your account and transactions when using Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your Device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the completion of each access by you. You agree not to provide your username, password or other access information to any unauthorized person. If you permit other persons to use your Device, login information, or other means to access Mobile Banking, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you. You agree not to use any personally identifiable information when creating shortcuts to your Account.
- Accessing Mobile Banking from locations outside of the United States is at your own risk and expense.
- Unless caused by our intentional misconduct or gross negligence, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Bank, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, service providers, and licensors from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) caused by or arising from (a) a third party claim, dispute, action, or allegation of infringement, misuse, or misappropriation based on information, data, files, or otherwise in connection with the Service; (b) your violation of any law or rights of a third party; or (c) your use, or use by a third party, of Mobile Banking.
Bill Payment Agreement
By subscribing to the Reliance Bank Bill Payment Service (the Service) through the Personal Online Banking Agreement, the Customer of Reliance Bank (referred to as you or yours) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The terms in this Agreement are in addition to (a) the terms of any deposit account agreements you have with the Bank, including your signature card, the packet containing the terms of your accounts, the accompanying schedules and any change of terms notices, and (b) the terms of any credit agreements you have with the Bank or with an affiliated bank, including any disclosures made pursuant to such agreements.
- The Bank does not immediately receive electronic messages that you send. If you need to contact the Bank immediately (for example, if you need to report an unauthorized transaction from an account), please call 314.569.7220. The Bank will not take action based on your electronic messages until the Bank actually receives your message and has reasonable time to act.
- The Bank reserves the right to limit the frequency and dollar amount of transactions from your accounts for security reasons.
- An account that requires two or more signatures to make withdrawals may not be designated as a Payment Account. If you later change a Payment Account to require two or more signatures, you agree not to use that account to make payments and you agree to notify the Bank of the change. When you use the Bill Payment Service, you agree that the Bank may debit a Payment Account to pay checks that you have not signed. You authorize the Service to credit your Payment Account for payments returned to the Service by the payee, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Service.
- Automatic recurring payments must be for the same amount each month and they will be paid on the same calendar day of each month, each payment period. If the regular payment day falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be paid on the preceding business day.
- When you have entered and transmitted a payment instruction, you authorize the Bank to reduce the Payment Account accordingly. If there are insufficient funds in the Payment Account to make payments you have authorized, the Bank may elect to: 1) refuse to make the payment or 2) make the payment and thereby overdraw the Payment Account. In either event, you are responsible for any non-sufficient funds (NSF) or overdraft charges the Bank may impose, as stated in the Deposit Account Agreement. The Bank reserves the right to refuse to honor payment instructions that reasonably appear to the Bank to be fraudulent or erroneous. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with payee directives.
- It is your responsibility to schedule your bill payments in such a manner that your bills will be paid on time. The earliest possible scheduled payment date for each payee (typically four (4) or fewer business days from the current date) will be designated within the Service when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Service will not permit you to select a scheduled payment date less than the earliest possible scheduled payment date designated for each payee. When scheduling payments, you must select a scheduled payment date that is no later than the actual due date reflected on your payee statement unless the due date falls on a non-business date, then you must select a scheduled payment date that is at least one (1) business day before the actual due date. Scheduled payment dates should be prior to any late date or grace period. You are responsible for any late payment or finance charges that may be imposed as a result of your failure to transmit payment instructions in accordance with this Agreement. Payment instructions received by the Bank on weekends or holidays will be considered received on the next business day.
- Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Service, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by payees of financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your payee account. The Service will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges should a payment post after its due date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with the guidelines outlined above.
- Your ability to make payments from certain accounts is limited by federal law, as stated in the Deposit Account Agreements. For example, preauthorized withdrawals (including payments made by telephone and by personal computer, among other methods) from savings and money market accounts are limited to six (6) each statement period, no more than three (3) of which may be made by check. For more information see the Deposit Account Agreements.
- You may cancel or edit any scheduled payment that has not begun processing (including recurring payments) by following the directions applicable to the Service. There is no charge for cancelling or editing a scheduled payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
- In using the Service to make payments, you may only stop such payments as provided in this Agreement. The stop payment terms of the Deposit Agreements are inapplicable to payments made via the Service. The Service’s ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Service may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If the payment is made electronically, you have no right to stop payment. (If the payment has not yet been deducted from your account, you may be able to cancel the payment.) If the payment is made by paper check and the Bank has already paid the check, it is not possible to stop payment. If the payment is made by paper check and the Bank has not yet paid the check, it may be possible to stop payment.
- You are responsible for all bill payments you authorize using the Service. If you permit other persons to use the Service, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize from your accounts. You should notify the Bank immediately if you believe the Service has been used without your permission.
- Customers will not be liable for unauthorized transactions as long as you report any unauthorized transactions within sixty (60) days after the statement showing the unauthorized transaction is mailed to you.
- Business account customers (i) agree that the Bank may process all payment instructions which are submitted and that such instructions are effective even if not transmitted or authorized by the customer, (ii) agree to maintain appropriate accounting and auditing procedures to protect their accounts from intentional negligent misuse, and (iii) agree to promptly review all paper and electronic statements, notices and transaction information made available to them and to report all unauthorized transactions and errors to the Bank immediately.
In this Agreement, business account means (1) any account established by a sole proprietor, corporation, partnership, limited liability entity, or any other business entity, or (2) any account established for other than primarily personal, family, or household purposes.
- Either you or the Bank may terminate this Agreement and your subscription at any time upon giving notice of the termination to the other party. If you terminate, you authorized the Bank to continue making bill payments you have previously authorized until such time as the Bank has had reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. Once the Bank has acted upon your termination notice, the Bank will make no further payments from your accounts, including any payments you have previously authorized. If the Bank terminates your use of the Service, the Bank reserves the right to make no further payments from your accounts, including any transactions you have previously authorized. You agree that if you or the Bank terminates this Service, you will cancel all automatic recurring payments you have previously authorized, and that if you fail to do so, you are responsible for such payments. If you only have one designated billing account, and that account is closed for any reason, the Bank will automatically terminate your Service without notice to you, and upon such termination no further payments will be permitted, including payments previously authorized.
Privacy Statement PDF
At Reliance Bank, we value your business. That’s why we are committed to keeping your information private. We have protected your confidential information in many ways, and will continue to do so in the coming years. When the new privacy law took effect, we did not have to make many changes to our existing policies. If you ever have any questions about the confidentiality of your personal and business information, please contact us at 314.569.7200.
Categories of Information That We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms you provide to us
- Information that we receive from processing your accounts with us and the transactions in those accounts, as well as information that we receive from providing services to you
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
Categories of Information That We Disclose
We may disclose your name, address and information about your accounts to a company, which provides us with marketing services.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, such as service providers, as permitted by law for business purposes. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former customers to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Information
It is the policy of Reliance Bank to assure that the information it has about its customers is accurate. It is also the policy of Reliance Bank that information it has about its customers is highly confidential and should only be available to persons who have a need for the information to properly service a customer’s account, act upon a customer’s request or to fulfill that person’s job responsibility. Reliance Bank maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard our customers’ nonpublic personal information. We have in place extensive security procedures, including dual control, passwords, user identifications and terminal identifications that will ensure our confidentiality policy is followed.
To provide better service and a more effective Website, we use “cookies” as part of our interaction with your browser. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our Web page server. These “cookies” do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine information collected through “cookies” with other personal information to determine who you are or your email address.
“Cookies” are commonly used on the Website and do not harm your system. By configuring your preferences or options in your browser, you determine if and how a “cookie” will be accepted. We use “cookies” to determine whether you have previously visited our Website and for a number of administrative purposes.